Most buyer agents will have their clients sign an agency agreement, an Exclusive Buyer Agency Agreement. It outlines their services, how they are compensated, and how the two parties will work together.
The home buying process is stressful enough without worrying about who you can and cannot trust. Your buyer’s agent is your trusted advocate.
Buyer Agents and the Agreements
According to most buyer agency agreements, the buyer’s agent must do these things:
- Protect their client’s financial information
- Negotiate the best possible price for the buyer
- Must disclose to the buyer if they are working with another buyer interested in the same property
- Show all properties the buyer is interested in that fits their criteria and budget
- Connect you with the service providers—inspectors, lenders, home warranty companies—to best suit your needs